Samstag, 9. Juli 2016

MID YEAR BOOK FREAK OUT Tag

Today’s tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire from BookTube, and here is the original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8OrYHBvM8

So this Tag is all about showing you guys which books were my favorite so far this year (January to June). I hope you guys like it!


1.Best book you’ve read so far in 2015.
This was hard to choose. I couldn’t just choose one. But you will see many of my favs in the next questions, so for this one I will go with The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury. This book was fantastic.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
This is a tie between Gathering Darkness and Frozen Tides, both by Morghan Rhodes. I love the Falling Kingdoms series so much, and these sequels were even better than the first book, which was almost impossible.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Empire of Dust by Eleanor Hermann. I haven’t had the chance to get to this one yet, although I really enjoyed the first book in this series. I need to get to it ASAP, though!

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
This one goes to A Torch against the Night by Sabaa Tahir, the second book in the Amber in the Ashes series. I loved the first book so much, and I can’t wait to join these characters on their adventures again!

5. Biggest disappointment.
This was unfortunately Rebel of the sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I expected a lot more from this book, and in the end I just didn’t get enough. You can read my full review with all the issues I had with this book here -> http://abookobsessed.blogspot.co.at/2016/05/review-rebel-of-sands-by-alwyn-hamilton.html 
Another one that really disappointed me was The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. I knew how this book was going to end before I even read 100 pages, which was quite disappointing, as the “mystery” aspect was actually the main focus of the book.

6. Biggest surprise.
I don’t have a specific book for this one, but rather a genre, and that is Poetry. Because I had to read some poems for my Literary class, I discovered some beautiful and amazing works of poetry, and I fell in love. I would have never thought that I would walk into a bookstore with the intention of buying a book with poetry in it. But here I am!

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
This one definitely goes to Morghan Rhodes, author of the Falling Kingdoms series. Her writing is amazing, the world building is fantastic, the characters she creates are awesome, and I am so looking forward to seeing more of her writing soon!

8. Newest fictional crush.
What can I say? Lucien from A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas. He is practically the only I care about in this book.

9. Newest favorite character.
This one is a tie between Mark and Julian Blackthorn (I’m sure y’all know where those two come from). These two. Oh man. All the feels.

10. Book that made you cry.
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Although sobbing would be more accurate in my case. I was a mess after this book. A wild, hot, sobbing mess. That ending, though.

11. Book that made you happy.
The Rose and the Dagger by Rene Ahdieh, the second and last book in the Wrath and the Dawn duology. Such a great story, such a great ending. I love this series to pieces.

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
By far Me before You! This adaptation was so on point, it was almost unbelievable. At some points I even liked the movie better than the book, that’s how amazing it was! If you haven’t seen it yet, what are you waiting for? Go see it, now!

13. Favorite review you've written this year.
Salt to the sea by Ruta Sepetys. The book was so emotional, and my review was just as emotional for me. I cried while writing this review, that’s how touched I was. Here is the review, in case you want to check it out: http://abookobsessed.blogspot.co.at/2016/04/review-salt-to-sea-by-ruta-sepetys.html

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
So, so many! But here is small list of all the pretty book with all the pretty covers I got:
A thousand nights – E.K. Johnston
Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
Rebel of the sands – Alwyn Hamilton
Falling Kingdoms – Morghan Rhodes
Hamilton-The Revolution – Lin Manuel Miranda

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I definetly, definitely, definitely need to finish the Harry Potter series. OMG I need to get on that right NOW.


That's it for today; I hope you guys enjoyed this list. Let me know which book was your fav this year so far!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen