Montag, 7. September 2015

Review: The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa (Series Review)

Before we start this review I have to warn you: this is a series review, which means that I will review all books in the series (excluding the companion novels). So, of course, there will be SPOILERS ahead. I will write my thoughts on each book separately, so if you have just read one book in the series, check out that section. Otherwise, if you don’t want to be spoiled and just want to hear my overall thoughts, please skip to „Conclusion“.


Content:

(I will only show you the content for the first part because of spoiler-reasons)

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.


Cover:

All the covers of the English versions are beautiful (especially the cover of the last part). I think they are so much more beautiful than my versions, which are the German ones. I think the models really fit the characters perfectly.

My opinion:

The Iron King:
I would have never thought that I like this book as much as I did in the end.
Whilst there were a lot of scenes which I have already seen in almost every YA book ever, it didn't disturb me at all when reading this book. At some points I knew what was going to happen, but I nevertheless really enjoyed the story and the characters. Although I didn't connect to any of the characters immediately, I really grew to love some of them by the end of this book. Usually I do not read books about fairies, just because they are my least favorite type of paranormal creatures, but I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to check out the rest of the series!
5 / 5

The Iron Daughter:
I am still surprised how much I actually enjoy this series. The first part was really great and refreshing, but I didn't feel that quite as much when reading the second book. The plot itself was great, but it kind of annoyed me that it got more into detail on the insta-love and the love triangle. I absolutely hate such topics, and it made me mad at some points in this book, but I tend to ignore that when I write reviews, because literally almost every single YA book follows this pattern. As I said, the plot was great, and some characters really stick to my heart now. I can't wait to read the third book.
4 / 5

The Iron Queen:
This series definitely got so much better with each book. This one was fantastic. Now that I think about it, I actually do not have anything bad to say about it whatsoever. The plot was great and interesting, the characters were too, I am seriously in love with this series now. I can't wait to start the next (and final) book to see what Julie still has in stall for me!
5 / 5

The Iron Knight:
This book was FANTASTIC!
First of all, this was already my favourite book in the series when I saw, that it was written in Ash's POV. He is easily one of my fav characters in the whole series, and being able to finally look into his mind was great and it made me like him even more. Another thing I really enjoyed about this book was that we got to know Ash so much better. In this book all of his secrets were uncovered, his whole past was presented to us, and I loved it. It was amazing to see his character development from this cold-hearted winter prince, to this man, who would sacrifice everything for his love. It was beautiful. The next thing I loved was, of course, Puck. Yes, his quotes were hilarious in the first three books too, but in this book I enjoyed him even more and found him even more funny. In general I loved all the characters, also the newly introduced ones, and so this I enkoyed this book very much. All in all I would say that this was a perfect conclusion to this series!
5 / 5
 

Conclusion:

All in all I can say: I LOVE this series! It definitely is one of my favourite series of all time now. I love all of the characters, I love the plot in every single book, I love the writing, I love EVERYTHING about this series. Thanks to my friends who recommended this series to me and made me obsessed :-*

Rating:

5 | 5 stars for the whole series in general
 - - - -

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen