Freitag, 24. April 2015

Review: Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

“You can’t choose the person who really sees you—the person who knows what you’re feeling without you saying a word, the person who can make you laugh and cry and everything in between just by looking at you. The one you can’t imagine being lucky enough to have, or unlucky enough to lose.”
 

Content:

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Cover:

The cover looks very interesting and creative. The colors are nice and if you read the book you will know what the “signs” on the cover mean.

My opinion:

I didn’t expect a lot from this book, as I haven’t heard anything about it on the internet yet whatsoever. I randomly picked it up in a book store because I really liked the blurb. So let’s start with the things I liked first. The plot itself kind of reminded me of Supernatural at first, and I loved that. However, it developed an own story at the end then, which was still very enjoyable. Furthermore, I liked almost all the characters. They were very likable and I enjoyed all their voices. In general I think that the whole book was very action-packed and fast paced, which is always a good thing in a book. I really liked it. But there were also some things which bothered me. I really didn’t like the writing at some points. It kind of seemed like the author had a random idea that she just threw into the protagonists head without any real connection. It was kinda confusing at some points. Moreover, slowly but surely I am very annoyed by love triangles in YA books, but especially in this book it seemed more than unnecessary. Right from the start I knew which boy she is going to pick. At some points it actually also seemed like she didn’t even want the second boy, but only one of them, which made it even more annoying.

Conclusion:

There were some flaws, which made me enjoy it less, but eventually I will pick up the second book in the series, because I enjoyed the plot a lot.

Rating:

3.5 | 5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen