Montag, 20. April 2015

Review: Never too far by Abbi Glines

“No man has ever loved a woman as much as I love you. Nothing will ever come before you. I don’t know what else I have to do to prove to you that I won’t let you down again. I won’t hurt you. You don’t have to be alone anymore. I need you.”

Content:

He had held a secret that destroyed her world.
Everything she had known was no longer true.
Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately? 

Cover:

As usually with this series, I’m not a huge fan of the cover. These books are much better than the covers may make it look like.

My opinion:

After the first part of the series was rather sobering, I enjoyed the second one a lot more. In the first part you only get to see Blaire’s POV, whereas in the second book you get to see Rush’s as well, which was great. I always enjoy the voices of male protagonists much more than female ones. (ohh well ;) ) The writing-style was fast-paced and I enjoyed it rather a lot. The representation of the characters was really great as well. However, there were some things which disturbed me. First of all, the whole back and forth between the two main characters annoyed me a little bit. Yeah, I understand why Blaire doesn’t quite trust him as much as she used to, but at some points it again makes you feel that they are soul mates. I just didn’t understand this way of thinking, tbh. Also, at some points the plot seemed to be repetitive and kind of boring. It was predictable as well, because I exactly knew how it was going to end, and there were no real plot-twists which made it more interesting. However, a simple plot-line isn’t always necessarily a bad thing, right?

Conclusion:

It was better than the first book and although it had some flaws, I did enjoy it quite a lot.

Rating:

3.5 | 5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen