Montag, 2. März 2015

Review: The short second life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

It would be stupid to risk my life to save some total stranger. But I hadn’t had anything close to a friend in forever. Already it would be hard to go back to having no one to talk to, after only one night.

Content:

Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes, and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood...life before she became a vampire.

Cover:

I like the cover a lot, especially because it really fits the rest of the series. The hourglass could symbolize the limited life of the vampires in the book, so I think it really fits the story as well.

My opinion:

I tried to read this book about 4 years ago, right when it came out, but I couldn't finish it. I couldn’t cope with the characters, nor did I enjoy the story. The second time round I enjoyed it a bit more actually, but again I couldn't get on with Bree at all again, and also most of the other characters (apart from Diego and Fred, I liked them a lot) seemed kind of annoying to me. The only part that I really enjoyed about this book were the last 25 pages, because the Cullens were there. It also kind of bothered me, that as a reader you already knew the ending, if you read the Twilight-series before. Everything in general seemed so obvious. I could guess what would happen before it even did, even though I didn’t get spoiled about that one character before. If you have read Eclipse, there are just 200 pages for the obvious to happen. What I enjoyed about this book though, was that you got to see a bit of the back-story of Riley’s pack. I think Stephenie did y great job on portraying that.
Above all of that, I kind of want to re-read the whole series again now. I love Stephenie’s writing a lot and I saw, how much I actually love her characters.

Conclusion:

All in all, the book was alright, but not mind-blowingly good.

Rating:

3.5 | 5 stars

----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen