Sonntag, 29. März 2015

Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

*this review may include spoilers*


“Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures. No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”


Content:

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn't know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won't keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that's not all he wants with her.

Cover:

This cover is as beautiful as the other ones in the series. However, there is one detail which I really love. In the corner of the eye you can see a bird, which is flying away. All the people, who read this series, know what I am talking about when I say that this bird is a really important detail in the books.

My opinion:

As you may know, I loved all the books in this series so far, but I waited a little bit before reading the last book, because I didn’t want it to be over. Now I am done, and I am happy and sad at the same time, actually.
Let’s start off with the plot. It was fantastic how the story developed. It went into the direction I think it would, but in a completely different way, which was a great surprise. I was very satisfied with the ending in general. Everything seemed to turn back to normal again. Couples found each other, the good ones succeeded. Everything was how it should be and thus, the ending was perfect.
Tahereh’s writing-style was, again, fantastic. However, whilst in the first book there were a lot of crossed out lines, which represented how insecure Juliette was, in the last book there wasn’t a single line, which was crossed out. This symbolizes for me, that Juliette finally found herself and her courage, and Tahereh did a great job in portraying that in her writing-style.
Now let’s move on to the characters. I have a lot to say and I will write a paragraph for each character individually:
Juliette: In the first two books she was really insecure and not satisfied with herself, but that completely changed in this book. She found her strengths and her weaknesses and thus, she was a much greater character to me, than I could have ever imagined. She isn’t this small wimpy girl anymore, who relies on others. She knows what she wants, and she has the strength to succeed. The character development of hers was incredible. There is one thing which I have to criticize though, but I will go into more detail about that when talking about Adam.
Aaron Warner: I always appreciated Warner’s love and care for Juliette, and to be honest, I always felt like his love was more honest and pure. In this books however, you get to know him a lot better than in the other books. You get to know his back story, but you can also see behind his normally so strong face. He suffers, and he doesn’t hide his pain anymore. But he learned to cope with the pain, and he finally decided which side he is on. He is a very strong character and I cherish every single of his actions. He is the right one for Juliette, and I am more than glad to see that they finally seem to be happy with each other. Seeing Adam and him growing closer is maybe even better, because they both just deserve it to be happy and have a family, or a brother, who loves and cares about the other. And I think they finally found that.
Adam: He goes through a lot of pain and suffering in this book, and I feel incredibly sorry for him, no matter what everyone else says. People are saying he is a “douche” in this book, but just think about that for a second. His heart was broken like five times in this book and I can understand it very well why he is angry, and I think it’s wrong to judge him. How would you react when the love of your life suddenly is interested in your worst enemy? I would be hella angry. Juliette hurt him over and over again, also when it wasn’t really necessary, so I think he deserves much more love than he gets. He is a great character and he also goes through a huge character development. He will always be one of my favorite characters, no matter what.
Kenji: Ohh Kenji. He was just … well … himself, which basically is the best you can expect. But in this book we also see a different Kenji. We see a man, who is actually also broken inside, who is hurt, and who isn’t always the party-clown. Nevertheless, he never misses a chance to make a joke or a stupid statement, and that’s what I love about Kenji. It never gets boring with him. He is definitely in the Top 2 of my favorite characters of all time and let’s be honest here, he is actually the highlight of all the books. You should read this series only because of him.

Conclusion:

This was a perfect ending to a perfect series. I can’t praise it enough. Please, go and read this series if you haven’t yet, guys!

Rating:

5|5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen