Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2015

Review: Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi

“Light a candle for me, I used to whisper to no one. Someone
Anyone
If you're out there
Please tell me you can feel this fire.” 



This Review includes two Novellas: 
Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) and Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5). Because these two books are very short I decided to do a collective-review with both books. I already posted a review on Shatter Me and Unravel Me, so make sure to check that out as well.

-Spoilers below-

Content:

Destroy Me tells the events between Shatter Me and Unravel Me from Warner’s point of view. Even though Juliette shot him in order to escape, Warner can’t stop thinking about her—and he’ll do anything to get her back. But when the Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment arrives, he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner cannot allow.

Fracture Me is told from Adam’s perspective and bridges the gap betweenUnravel Me and Ignite Me. As the Omega Point rebels prepare to fight the Sector 45 soldiers, Adam's more focused on the safety of Juliette, Kenji, and his brother. The Reestablishment will do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam cares about.

Cover:

As usual, I love these covers! I wouldn’t change anything about them.

My opinion:

Destroy Me
Team Warner all the way.
This book is just so amazing. You get to know more of his back-story, you get to know HIM better, you can hear his thoughts, you see how desperately he loves Juliette. It's just perfect, perfect, perfect. This changed my view on Warner completely, I can't even explain it. 
Everyone should have read this before reading Unravel Me.


Fracture Me
Everyone complains about that Adam seems to be so harsh in this book, and that he doesn't love Juliette anymore or whatever. But considering what he has to go through, I can understand all his actions. I understand why he takes more care of James than Juliette. He's his brother, and wouldn't almost everyone decide this way? That their family’s safety is first? I know that some might not cope with the language as well sometimes, but I would react exactly the same, if I was in that situation. I loved the book like I loved Destroy Me, and I'm sure that I'll stick with Adam, same as I will stick with Warner. (But let's be real here; Kenji is still #1)

Conclusion:

I loved both of these novellas so much, and I am glad that I was able to read them.

Rating:

5|5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen