Samstag, 31. Januar 2015

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I have a curse.I have a gift. 
I'm a monster. I'm more than human.
My touch is lethal.My touch is power.
I am their weapon.I will fight back.
 

Content:

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

Cover:

The covers of the English versions are stunningly beautiful. It doesn’t really fit the story in my opinion, but I just love looking at it.

My opinion:

I didn’t know anything about what is going to happen in this book when I started it, but I heard a lot of good things about it. And I wasn’t disappointed. I was very surprised at how quickly the story grabbed me. It was a long time ago since a book captured me and touched me so much. After a few pages I already didn’t want to stop reading. The writing-style of the author is very poetic and beautiful and definitely something special. I kind of felt like that the writing made the story even more intense and touching. The story was interesting and exciting from the first page on. I always wanted to know immediately what will happen next, and it definitely is very action-packed. The best things about this book were the characters though. I loved all of them from the beginning on. Juliette, Adam Warner, Kenji, everyone was just so lovable and funny and interesting. I couldn’t decide whom I love the most. Moreover, I really liked the relationship between the two main characters. It seemed very authentic to me. I just loved everything about this book.

Conclusion:

This was definitely one of the best books I’ve read in my whole entire life. I just can’t wait to read the next books.

Rating:

5|5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen