Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015

Review: Fallen Too Far #1 by Abbi Glines

“Everyone always says that love was enough. It wasn't. Not when your soul has been shattered.”
 

Content:

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Cover:

I really hate the cover of the English version. It looks so cheesy and cheap. I also think that the people on the cover don’t look like the people in the book.

My opinion:

I really had high expectations when starting this book, because a lot of people seem to love this series. But I kind of was dissapointed. But let's start with the writing-style. It was easy and quick to read and very comfortable. Moreover, I also really enjoyed the characters and their development. Rush seems to be a great guy, and I really loved his way of acting in the last few chapters. Blaire seems to be a great character as well, because she doesn’t just let things happen, but also talks back to rude people. There was one thing, which really disturbed me a lot, though. Rush and Blaire know each other since around one week and they already fall in love so desperately? That really doesn’t seem convincing to me. It was much too fast and it also kind of seemed unreal to me. The ending and Blaire’s decision also were really strange and I didn’t really get why she reacted like this. It annoyed me that she just ignored Rush and what he said (without giving too much away). The scenes between the two protagonists were nice though. It, of course, would have been better if they would have known each other for a longer time ;)

Conclusion:

All in all it was good, but not mind-blowing. I will read the next parts but not in the near future.

Rating:

3 | 5 stars
★-★-★-☆-

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen