Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2014

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


"I love you.""That's all I ever need to hear."
"Those three words?"
"Always those three words.”


Content:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town...
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes... 

Cover:

The girl on the cover really doesn’t look like Katy to me and that’s why I don’t like this cover. Daemon looks alright, but honestly I imagined him to look rather different.

My opinion:

I already loved Obsidian, but this book was just so much better than the first one. The plot was much more interesting and action-packed, but also romantic. A lot of exciting stuff happened, but what kind of annoyed me was, that everything which happened was really predictable. In the middle of the book you can already guess how it is going to end. But nevertheless, I really had fun reading it.
The writing style was, again, amazing. I love the sarcastic and clever voice of the characters. The author really did that well, which brings me to the most important aspect of the book: the characters. They are the main reason why I love these books so much. Especially Daemon was a perfect character in this book. In the book you kind of get an inside-view of Daemon, and this makes him even more adorable. The only one, who annoyed me, was Katy. The things she did were just so stupid and naive sometimes, and the reader knew exactly that this isn’t going to end well. But the last 100 pages the “old” Katy returned, and I really enjoyed the ending.

Conclusion:

A great second book in the series with a beautiful ending. I can’t wait to start the next book.

Rating:

4|5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen