Montag, 22. Dezember 2014

Classic Christmas Cinema Book Tag

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I decided to do another Christmas-themed Book Tag! :)

The idea to this Tag came from Kassidy Voinche on YouTube; in case you want to check out her video I will link it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4v1pw118Yc

Anyway, without any further ado, let's get to the questions!


1. Elf- choose a book that puts you in the Christmas mood.

For some reason this is Krabat by Ottfried Preußler for me. I read it every year at Christmas and it’s just so great every single time.

2. It's a Wonderful Life- choose a book with a character who goes through some serious character development.

For this one I’m going with Simon Lewis (The Mortal Instruments). I know that he isn’t the obvious choice here, but I think he fits really well. Whereas in the first book he kind of struggles with this new world that has opened for him, he gets really strong and independent in the further books of the series. I just love him!

3. Christmas Carol- choose a book/series with a character you didn't like at first, but grew to love

Actually I really didn’t like Étienne (Anna and the French Kiss) at first. He was so weird and sometimes he acted really selfish, and stupid. But about halfway through the book he just gets so sweet and kind and loving that you just HAVE TO adore him.

4. Home Alone- choose a book where the parents aren't present and if they are, they aren't such a good influence

I guess I will go with the Obsidian series by Jennifer L. Armentrout for this one. The parents of the Black-siblings aren’t present at all, and also Katys mom kind of is always at work.

5. Frosty the Snowman- Find a book with a snowy cover.

For this question I chose “Let it Snow” by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. It really looks amazing.

6. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- Choose a protagonist you couldn't help but root for.

I definitely have to choose (the kind of depressed) Will Grayson (Will Grayson, Will Grayson) for that. He was just so adorable at some points, and I really felt so sorry for him. He didn’t deserve anything which had happened to him, and I couldn’t help but root for him.

7. Polar Express- Find a book where characters travel somewhere cold.

The Book Thief I guess? Well, they don’t “travel” somewhere cold in particular, but it’s cold there because of winter so I guess this counts!

8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- Choose a villain you couldn't help but love.

I think everyone who knows me well exactly knows what I’m going to say now. SEBASTIAN MORGENSTERN. He is my most favorite character of all time, and he will probably be forever.

9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- Choose a character with a goofy sense of humor.

Does Will Herondale count? He is kind of the sarcastic type of guy I guess, but I think he suits anyway.

10. Lifetime/Hallmark movie- Choose a book with the cheesiest romance.

I usually don’t read romance books, but I guess I have to go with “Anna and the French Kiss”. It’s a very cute love story with great characters.


I hope you guys enjoyed this Tag! Happy Holidays to everyone! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen