Sonntag, 16. November 2014

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout



“I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect."

Content:

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

Cover:

The cover shows the two main characters of the book, Katy and Daemon. It looks good and I also really like the colors on the cover. They describe the book perfectly.

My opinion:

This book was one of my first Sci-Fi books this year and I am really surprised on how much I liked it. The writing-style of the author is great and the chapters are rather short, which I loved (I’m not a big fan of long chapters). There isn’t much explanation at the beginning and thus the plot quickly gets exciting. The book was interesting and action-packed from the first to the last page. Additionally, the characters were very unique and funny. I loved all of them, although some just got on my nerves with their behavior sometimes. The fact that the protagonist is a book-blogger herself makes me love the book even more. At some points you can really see and feel how important books are for her. Can’t we all indentify ourselves with that? Katy herself is a really great character. She does her own thing and has her own opinion, and also Daemon can’t change anything about that. I love her for that!

Conclusion:

A great first book of the series. Can’t wait to read the next books!

Rating:

4.8 | 5 stars

----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen