Samstag, 29. November 2014

Review: Half Bad by Sally Green

Review: Half Bad by Sally Green



The trick is not to mind. 

Not mind about it hurting. 

Not mind about anything.

Content:

In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and sixteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides.
Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his seventeenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?

Cover:

Looking at this cover for the first time you actually think that it’s just red dust spread all over the cover. But, is it? Taking a second look you see, that it actually has the shape of a human face. And that’s exactly what I love about this cover. It’s so unique and somehow also scary.

My opinion:

When I started the book, I didn’t know a single thing about it. I haven’t heard anything about it on BookTube and I also didn’t read any Reviews before reading this book. And I can tell you, this is the best thing you can do with this book. Whilst at first it might be a little confusing, you soon get into the story and it immediately gets interesting.  The first few pages are written in second person, which means you basically feel like you are the protagonist himself. In my opinion, there wouldn’t have been a better way to start off this book. What I also absolutely loved about this book was the character development of Nathan. You meet him as a small, insecure boy and he grow up to a strong, intelligent man who exactly knows what he wants. Although a few characters really annoyed me at times, they were all unique, same as the story itself.

Conclusion:

This book is definitely something special. I would recommend it to anyone who is into Fantasy. (14+ though)

Rating:

4.9 | 5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen