Samstag, 22. November 2014

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1

“Strange things did happen here, 
No stranger would it be, 
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.”

Content:

Katniss Everdeen, the "girl on fire", has survived, even though her home, District 12 has been destroyed by the capitol. Gale has escaped. Katniss' family is safe. Peeta has been captured, tortured and hijacked by the Capitol. District 13 does exist. There are rebels and there are leaders. A rebellion is unfolding and war is on the brink.
A rebellion against President Snow and the whole Capitol.

My opinion:

I honestly don’t know where to start. This movie was amazing!
To be honest, Mockingjay is my least favorite book of the series, but nevertheless I really enjoy this movie. Catching Fire, as well as Mockingjay Part 1 were directed by Francis Lawrence, and also this time he did an amazing job! They stayed true to the book in almost the entire movie and that’s fantastic. In the movie you get to see more than just Katniss’ point of view, which gives the movie another great feature. Additionally, the effects which they added (especially when the team was on the mission to rescue the Victors) were amazing and really fitted the scenes.
The characters were portrayed perfectly too! Most of them were exactly like I imagined them to be (especially Boggs. He was amazing) I suffered with the characters, I felt excitement, sadness, happiness. Everything was included in the movie.  What also really touched me was, when Katniss (Jennifer) sang the Hanging Tree song. You saw the revolution growing throughout this song, and you saw that the courage of people was rising. They did this scene (and many others) perfectly.

Conclusion:

I’m speechless. A perfect movie, as well as a perfect book-to-movie adaptation.

Rating:

5 | 5 stars
★-★-★-★-★

2 Kommentare:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm watching this later tonight. I wasn't initially excited b/c I was disappointed they cut the third book into two movies, but hearing why you liked it has made me excited! hehe.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I didn't like that at first too, but they could include so many more details now & we get to see more of the characters. Have fun, I hope you ejoy it :)

      Löschen