Samstag, 4. Oktober 2014

Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.” 


Content:

She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending. (from: goodreads.com)


“How can something so wrong feel so right?”


Cover:

The cover is beautiful and it suits the story perfectly. The heart shows their love, but the thorns could symbolize something forbidden, which basically is the topic of the book.
I love it & I think it couldn’t have been made any better.


My opinion:

Where should I start? – This definitely is my new favorite book.

The book is fantastic, and the writing style is absolutely great. You can really feel, live and suffer with the characters. Another thing which I really liked, was that the author didn’t throw you into the situation of the couple straight away. The relationship and the story were slowly built up as the story progressed.
Let’s move on to the characters. I never suffered with any characters more than with the ones in this book. I loved every single one of them, and to read about their destinies was just touching. Although the reader knows, that what the couple goes through is actually forbidden, you still feel that it’s the right thing to do.
I never cried more when reading a book. The ending of this story made me sad and angry at the same time, and when I think back to it I still start to cry. This book was so touching that I will probably have to wait a few days with starting a new book.


Conclusion:

A wonderful love story full of romance and tragedy. It is definitely my favorite out of the books I have read so far this year, if not my favourite book of all time!


Rating:

5 Stars
★-★-★-★-★

1 Kommentar:

  1. I gave this book three stars, because it's here or there a little bit boring and hard to retrace.

    I doesn't found a follower Button. :o

    Sorry, my English is not so good. :)

    Ellen
    http://theshadowofdragonfly.blogspot.de/

    AntwortenLöschen