Sonntag, 26. Oktober 2014

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

Content:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? (goodreads.com)

Cover:

The cover I chose for this review is by far the most beautiful one of the covers for this book. It is simple, yet really beautiful. The colors match, and the Eiffel tower at the back suits the story perfectly!

My opinion:

I bought this book mainly because I have heard a lot of good things about it on YouTube. And I have to say, I’m not disappointed! Normally I don’t read such contemporary love-stories, but this book is one of the highlights for me this year.
The story itself is a very typical love story full of romance, sadness and plot-twists. Although the story was kind of slow at some points, the author still was able to grab my attention. The writing-style was fluent and perfect for a quick read-through. However, the characters were the best part of this book. They were all so lovable, but the best of all (of course) was Étienne. He was so nice and thoughtful and his present was just so adorable. ( I don’t wanna give away too much ;) ) But also Anna was a great protagonist. Another reason why I loved this book so much was the setting. I love France and Paris especially.

Conclusion:

A beautiful love story in the most romantic city of the whole world. Definitely a book for everyone, also for people who don’t like contemporary novels.

Rating:

4.5 5 stars

-★-★-★-

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen